Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Baristas and Barbie Dolls

It's back! Autumn roasted, toasted, ground, and percolated into the spicy perfection that is the pumpkin spice latte. And want to know what's so unhip and wonderful about living in the suburbs? Drive through Starbucks on every corner. I'm too busy to bother with parking my car and going in a coffee shop, you know? Well, maybe you don't know. But trust, you don't want me bringing my kids into Starbucks. And it's too much of a hassle for me to do it, anyway. Starbucks drive through really, truly is a super business idea. At least from a mom's perspective. (I have become the person I hated when I was childless and cool.) I digress.

There we are, the girls and I, pulling up to the pick-up window. I pay. I wait. The barista leaves the window open. Virginia asks if she's going to get a chocolate milk (because we're in a drive through, and why wouldn't she be getting a happy meal). I laugh.

"No, baby. Mommy is getting a coffee."

Barista giggles, observes the toddler and baby,and says, "Mommy has TWO kids. Mommy needs her coffee." Amen, sister. She then says hello to my oldest. Virginia responds, "See my baby doll?"

And holds up this.

Fabulous. I'm not at all embarassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...